Friday, August 27, 2010

babibu beautiful.bamboo.babywear review

Do you ever think about starting your own business, about leaving behind your current life and taking a chance on a dream?  I think we all do, sometimes.  Sometimes I think in another life I could have opened a gluten-free bakery or written a book, but right now, in this life, I'm right where I want to be.

And I'm willing to guess that Sarah Lopez, mom behind babibu is pretty happy where she is too.  Sarah was recently the featured mom on True Cuddles, where you she shares her story; how it all started as a way to clothe her own son in eco-friendly, stylish attire, and now less than a year after the launch, babibu is a 'beautiful.bamboo.babywear.' reality - way to go Momma!  And her son was born the same month as the boy - seriously, kudos to you Sarah! 
babibu collage - msb
I was fortunate enough to receive a pair of karate pants for the purposes of this review and they are soft, really soft. When I pulled them out of the envelope, they immediately went to my cheek.  The bamboo is light and flowy, wicks away moisture, is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-static; perfect for the boys sensitive skin.

I found the sizing on these pants generous, I simply rolled the waistband down a few times and the pants fit perfectly.  Since bamboo is so thin, there was no bulky roll around his waist.  The karate pants washed and dried easily, and didn't seem to pill up, which some of my other bamboo products have done in the past.  They did however catch some cat hair on them, but not enough to be bothersome.

In terms of aesthetics, I think they look adorable, however both my Mom and Sister told me they looked like culottes.  They went so far as to tell me they would make great 'house pants'.  So, what do you all think?  Cute pants or or not-so-cute culottes?  The pants are also available in slim, which may have been a better choice for the boy's little bum and hips.

Designed and handmade in Toronto, I'm a fan of supporting Canadian entreupeners, particularly when they make quality, eco-friendly products.  And babibu is doing just that, make sure you check them out on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on all their news. Babibu makes super soft, eco-friendly products, I rate them a 4!

1 comment:

  1. I was very disappointed in the quality of this product. It did not wash well and the fit was bulky and oversized looking on my child.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?