Monday, May 31, 2010

Kidopotomus Tiny Diner Placemat

I was at a birthday party when my friend tossed me the Kidopotomus Tiny Diner and told me I should review it.  I didn't really get it at first, this rolled up piece of silicone* was supposed to help me how?  Upon closer investigation, I started to see the potential.  The placemat spreads out in front of your child and is firmly secured in place with a number of small suction cups (which work great without any wetting).  There is also a scoop that sits just over the edge of the table to catch food.  Surprisingly, both of these features work, quite well in fact.

When eating out, there is a clear relationship between the amount of tip we leave and the amount of mess the boy leaves under the table.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw very little mess under the the boys chair the the first time we tested out the TinyDiner.  The pieces he intentionally dropped were obviously on the ground, but the pieces that slip off the table or fall out of the his hands or mouth, most of those were caught in the scoop.

The TinyDiner is easy to clean (my friend even throws hers in the top rack of the dishwasher) and is lead, PVC, BPA, Phalate and latex free.  It's easy to take with you; it rolls up and fits into the scoop leaving you with a tube slightly larger than a paper towel roll that's easy to pop into the diaper bags.  The fold-out flap design also means that extra bits of food are safely folded and rolled into the tube until you get home to clean up.

I really like that I get to take the mess with me, rather than leaving smeared and squished food for the restaurant staff to cleanup. It also gives me some security about the cleanliness of what we're eating off of; Iin particular, I'm thinking of eating in a park or some sort of public space such as a mall food fair.

The first time we tried out the TinyDiner, we had three babies and three Momma's and the TinyDiner worked great for everyone.  For under $15 the TinyDiner is great product for eating on the go; its small, compact, easy to use and easy to clean.  I have no complaints and rate it a 5/5!
 
*I think the mat is made with silicone, but the packaging is long gone and the website doesn't specify.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Heavens, I am in need of something like this around our house, badly. That is no understatement. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Cynthia - let me know how you like the Tiny Diner if you get one for your home!! amber :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?