Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sometimes, I'm super nerdy.

I'm a nerd, and I'm totally ok with it. I don't really have a clever definition of what that means, but its always felt like it was the right word, if I had to classify myself (why I need to classify myself, I don't know).

Here's an example, I've been working on a Project at work for over year and its time to write the report. And I'm kind of excited. Tonight, when I was brushing my teeth tonight, I realized I was thinking about the outline I'd written at work a couple days ago.

And I was reminded, that once, writing reports was a fact of life. And, if I think about it, I already have a process. A way that works for me; I take breaks in the process, and it flows organically.

How I write a report:

  • I do research immediately to see what kind of resources are available. Then I spend a couple days thinking about it.
  • I write an outline. Then I spend a couple days thinking about it.
  • I write the sections, independently, one by one. Then I might spend a couple days thinking about them.
  • I write the text to connect the sections.Then I spend a couple days thinking about it.
  • I read, edit and review everything. Then, ideally, I spend a couple days thinking about it.
  • I read, edit and review everything, again.
  • And then, I make it final.
I'm super excited to remember, I GOT THIS.

Seriously, though, that's super nerdy right?

And, I love that about me.