Friday, October 17, 2014

Dreaming THE dream

In casual conversation, I often talk about 'THE DREAM'; if you're a parent, I bet you have the dream too. I think everyone's version is a little bit different and may change with the month or day or even moment, but here's a few of the things that define THE dream for me.
In THE dream:
  • My boys are best buddies; they laugh, they play, they don't hit each other every other second, or even at all.
  • My boys don't need to be entertained every, second of the day.
  • I absolutely, never ever, have to change another pair of poopy pants.
  • My boys pee IN the toilet, wipe up their own dribbles and even wipe their own bums.
  • The hubs and I leave the house, together, alone, regularly.
  • The boys don't catch every cold they walk by.
  •  My boys are polite, kind and considerate.
  • Everyone contributes to keeping the house clean and tidy willingly (myself included).
  • The dog stops getting scared, snappy and biting.
  • I never have to work on the weekend or evening.
  • My boys know how to handle their emotions without great frustration.
  • My boys love books and nature and exploration more than television, computers and video games.
  • Eating out safely, for both the Bolt (peanut-free) and myself (gluten-free) is easy and delicious.
I'm certain there are many more things that encompass THE dream for me, but for now this will have to do. I'm curious, what defines YOUR dream?