Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Blog has a Muffin Top

I recently read a blog re-branding article and although I don't remember exactly which article it was that resonated with me, what I remember clearly is that when I finished reading the article, I was left with a single resounding syllable in my mid.

YES.
  • Does my blog feel like it doesn't quite fit as well as it used to? YES.
  • Does my blog feel too much like work and not enough like creative release? YES.  
  • Have I been neglecting to post quality content for far too long? YES.
So what does that mean? I'm not exactly sure.
  • I know, that I don't want to let my blog, that I worked so hard to create, fall to the wayside. 
  • I know, that I like that I like being a blogger and having connections with amazing people across Canada and the world.
  • I know, that my time is limited, my family is my priority and I need to be realistic about the expectations I have of myself.
Much like the pants that don't fit quite the same way they used to, I've realized my blog has a muffin top and instead of continuing to cram on those too tight pants, I'm ready to work to find the pants that fit the body I have instead of the one I had.

Right here, right now, I'm committing to myself AND to you, the reader:
  • I will write at least one post a week.
  • I will be brave and I will write, what makes my heart sing, or cry, or whatever else feels right in the moment.
  • I will not hold onto a post, because it is not perfect or because it might need just a little more editing.
  • I will continue to think about what I want my blog to be and I'm going to honor it enough, to let let it change.
Thanks for reading, for your support and for your patience.