Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Made a Loft Bed!

Last year, I didn't take more than 3 days off of work in a row. Life has been pretty busy and instead of visiting family this Spring break, I just finished a week long staycation with my, almost, 4 year old and it seems, we were both totally in need.

We spent the first half of the week doing Mom things, we had playdates, went swimming and made baking soda volcanoes.

The second half of the week, I made a bed. An incredibly cool loft bed that opened up a huge amount of floor space in the littlest bedroom in the house. I've been oogling the Ana White website for a while and after reading and re-reading the instructions, I felt like I could make the Camp Loft Bed.

I was super fortunate, my friend's husband picked the lumber up and helped me build the bed, but let me do most of the cutting, drilling and assembly. I had so much fun!

Isn't it beautiful?

I'll share another post, with proper pictures and more details on how we made it, but for now, I'm just going to continue to be impressed every time I walk by his room.