Thursday, October 3, 2013

The UMBRA Cuppa & Dash | Review

I love to create in the kitchen, specifically, I love to bake. There's just something so special about taking simple ingredients and transforming them into a mouthwatering and delectable treat. I learned very early on however, that in order to achieve such success, there were a few facts that could never be ignored.

Most importantly, baked goods require precision and careful measurement, so when Umbra offered to send me their new Cuppa and Dash measuring products to try out in my home, I jumped at the opportunity.

Umbra is known for making simple, stylistic and modern accessories and their new kitchen measuring tools absolutely fit the Umbra brand. Not only do these measuring tools look unique they are heat resistant, dishwasher safe and BPA free.

The Cuppa is a four piece measuring set, inspired by a classic coffee mug; if you have a kitchen that's not cluttered with sippy cups, the Cuppa would look amazing on display alongside your other mugs. If however, you never get an opportunity to bake without little helpers, there's no need to worry, Simba had tons of fun using the Cuppa to dole out our various gluten-free flours and he made no more mess than usual. 

The Cuppa is also be great for doling out snacks to little people; they don't look like they are for kids (which they love) but they provide a handle to minimize spills and size wise they hold the perfect amount for a little toddler to consume.
The Dash is a perfect compliment to the Cuppa. It's simple design means that one spoon can measure 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp and 1 tbsp.  Since I perpetually lose things in my kitchen, the search for an adequately sized measuring spoon happens more frequently than I'd like to admit.

Although Bolt held steadfast to our old tablespoon (which he thinks is for stirring), I happily used Dash to make all the measurements for our baking without having to dive into the kitchen drawer where accessories go to die.

You can find the UMBRA Cuppa and Dash in stores and Online and you can connect with UMBRA on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Disclosure: I received free product in exchange for this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?