Sunday, June 23, 2013

My GLAM Night | Vancouver Moms

Last Wednesday night was GLAM, the Vancouver Mom's 2013 Top Mom Blogger Event. Honestly, I was initially thankful for an excuse to get me out of the house for a few hours, but as the event neared, I got more excited and ended up enjoying myself immensely.
Bathroom Art Secret Location
Although I didn't win, I was more than honoured to be nominated to stand beside such high calibre bloggers as my fellow Top 30 Nominees. The event was held at Secret Location in Gastown, a hidden little gem of a place with amazing bathroom art.

In addition to the 2013 Top Blogger Mitzi, there were speeches by three past nominees that focused on 'What I Know Now', but at this particular moment, I can't get Nat Nanton out of my head. Telling us that there was a time when she constantly worried about editing and perfecting her posts before publishing, and that eventually she reached a place where she let that go, and it was a good thing. I need to do that too.

But I digress, my amazing sister Kat attended GLAM with me. In fact she helped me find a dress, styled my hair and applied my makeup and armed with less than twenty minutes left for herself, she looked stunning as always.
Sisters #VM2013
I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with Sharilyn of Weekdays from Scratch; Kat and Sharilyn have known each other for years but this was my first (of what I hope will be many) visits with her.
new friends #VM2013 068
As much as I loved meeting and mingling with the lovely lady bloggers of Vancouver, I would be lying if I didn't admit that I loved having Purdy's Chocolate on hand to help us indulge ourselves by sampling their new Single Origin Chocolate Bars and amazing Himalayan Salt Caramels.
Dukes Gluten-Free CiderPurdys #VM2013

After GLAM, I was ready to head home, make lunches and go to bed, but Kat convinced me to go out and eat with Sharilyn and her cousin. We enjoyed some delicious food at Chill Winston's, including a delicious Duke's Gluten-Free Cider for me. I had a wonderful night, met some amazing ladies and hope the experience will help me grow as a mom and as a Blogger.