Thursday, February 7, 2013

Shift Your Mood with Gratitude

The last few months have been a whirlwind; between family obligations, perpetual illness, work and corrective laser surgery I've barely had time to breathe, relax or just stop and smell the roses, but right now, in this moment, I feel good.

I'm laying in my bed, watching Monsters Inc, snuggling with the boy, eating buttery homemade microwave popcorn and the icing on the cake is that I've found the drive to write my first blog post in months.

Do you remember when I shared 50 things that make me happy? That simple exercise left me smiling for days, quietly contemplating the things I'd listed while concurrently thinking of new items to add to the list.

Sadly, I haven't thought of my Happy List in ages, but when I read about An Easy Way to Shift Your Mood -- Permanently! from Aha! Parenting, I instantly felt inspiration welling up inside of me.  And so, just as Dr. Laura has suggested, I would like to share with you, in no particular order, a few things that I'm feeling truly grateful for.

TODAY, I'm grateful for...

  • Little boy snuggles.
  • A husband that loves me.
  • The paediatricians at BC Children's Hospital.
  • A family that supports me.
  • A job that gives me the flexibility to put family first.
  • A job that stimulates my brain and soothes my soul.
  • Social media.
  • My vision.
  • Best friends.
  • Love.
What are YOU grateful for today?