Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Preparing for Bliss

I am the Light of my soul, I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am bliss, I am, I am.

I absolutely love this little mantra; I learned it at a prenatal yoga class and have had the little slip of paper the teacher gave us on my dresser for months.  A little reminder of the wondrousness of motherhood, of pregnancy and the unique abilities that we as women possess.

These days however, the five simple letters, B-L-I-S-S have taken on a whole new meaning.  The baby boy, my sister and I will be leaving the house in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow to catch a flight to Toronto for my first blogging conference, Blissdom Canada and I can't wait.

My sister is on baby-duty (for the most part) so she picked out clothes for the wee one and even packed them in the suitcase, entertainment such as the jolly jumper, blankies and toys, however still need to be rounded up and jammed into the suitcase.

As for my clothes, well I'm still at a loss for what exactly I'm going to wear.  Between my post-baby figure and my closet purge, I don't have much in the way of clothes.  In truth I'm most concerned about figuring out what to wear to the CBC Kickoff Party on Thursday night.

I spent a considerable amount of time working on a costume for the costume and karaoke party and am actually eager to wear my costume.  This may not seem like a big deal, but costumes aren't my deal.  I'm the type of girl who wears only enough costume to avoid being dressed up by resident tickle trunks, but this time around I decided that perhaps if I put some effort into the costume, I might actually enjoy wearing it.
7111 Baby Ddrops ACBlog
Hopefully my fervent sewing efforts will all be worthwhile.  I'm keeping my costume a secret for now, but there WILL be pictures, so stay tuned to see me in all my costume glory.

Finally, I am so thankful to everyone who voted for me to win my ticket to Blissdom Canada and the folks at Baby Ddrops who sponsored my ticket.  If you have a moment, check out my review of Ddrops for Adults, Children and Babies; ddrops truly are a great product.