Friday, October 14, 2011

5 things

Although I'm exhausted, I feel like if I close my eyes, somehow, some of the energy and knowledge that I've found myself infused with today might just drain out of me, never to be found again.  Yet I know that when tomorrow morning arrives, I'll be in for yet another fabulous day at Blissdom Canada.

I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to meet and learn from so many amazing people;  Blissdom Canada truly brings together an eclectic mix of people each with something completely unique to bring to the table.  But Blissdom Canada isn't only about learning from others, its also about learning more about ourselves and our blogs.

Blissdom Canada kicked off with an amazing keynote by @herbadmother; let me tell you had she had been my teacher I would have done much better in my philosophy classes.  In her introduction, Catherine both introduced herself and asked all of us to take a moment to make some simple lists, which upon further thought aren't actually all that simple.

5 things you don't know about me
Littering makes my blood boil
I dislike riding bikes
I think soccer is stupid
I own all 5 seasons of Alias on DVD
I used to race go-karts  

5 things I know stuff about
Living and eating gluten free
Plants, biology and ecology
Living with an ADD family member
Eczema
Hedgehogs  

5 things which I do not know very much at all
Website coding
Making pastry
Birds
Cleaning
Math

5 things that I believe 
That lying is the ultimate disrespect
That the golden rule (treat other as you want to be treated) is a way of life
That its important to be comfortable spending time alone
That you must allow people to change
That dreams are achievable

Now that I've told you mine, any chance you want to share 5 things with me?