Monday, February 14, 2011

Who doesn't love a good wedding?

A dear friend of mine got married last weekend and I was honoured to be a member of her wedding party.  Unfortunately, that meant that I didn't get the chance to snap a bunch of pictures during the wedding as I was standing up there beside her.  Even worse, my camera battery died shortly after the ceremony, so I couldn't piggy back on the photographers pictures either!

That of course isn't to say I didn't get ANY pictures, I do have a few that I love, but I'm very cautious about how much I'm willing to share on the blog.  For now, I hope you enjoy this picture of her lovely wedding dress; my friend looked SO Greek Goddess on her special day!
Wedding Dress

And this delicious looking wedding cake was full-on gluten-free, dairy-free deliciousness and I happen to know it didn't cost an arm and a leg.  It is possible my friends to have allergen-friendly treats without totally blowing the bank.  The cake was made by High Crow Gluten Free Foods, whom I had met at a local farmers market.
Wedding Cake

During the post wedding festivities, I was lucky enough to get a great picture of my lovely new haircut.  If you follow me on twitter than you likely already know that I chopped all my hair off about a month ago, and I'm loving it.  The truth is, I've had my hair short, more or less, since I was in grade 8 and I just feel more comfortable without a ton of hair.
amberamber and courtney

Unfortunately, every couple years I seem to forget how much I prefer my hair short, but I'm lucky enough to have Courtney around to remind me.  Seriously, short just looks better, remember this picture from about early January?  Courtney's available to help you with your hair woes and questions too, send her your questions at mommastuffblog@gmail.com.