Friday, February 18, 2011

Mom Blogging Matters

When I was pregnant with the boy, despite all my reading, I knew that I was going to need more.  I knew that book learning wouldn't be enough and that I needed to expand my circle of friends and family to include other new moms.  I knew that I couldn't go at it alone and that I was going to need all the love, support and advice that I could get.  Little did I know however, that without even taking off my pyjamas there was an entire world of momma's baring their souls and sharing their lives, their experiences and their families through their blogs.

I am proud to say that I am a blogging momma’s and although I love that I now have readers, the truth is, I blog for myself.  I blog as a creative outlet, to ensure that I never lose my metaphorical voice, to remind myself of the little moments that whiz by in the blink of an eye and to document the things that make motherhood amazing, manageable and sometimes nerve wracking.  I hope those intentions are reflected in the posts I write and the products I review, because when I read blogs, it’s the honesty and purity of the writer that touches me and makes me want to come back for more. 

It's the personal connection that Canadian Mom Bloggers offer to their readers, often raw with reality, that reaches out and touches our hearts.  It's the advice we glean from their experiences, the tears we cry for their pain and the reassurance that we are not alone in the struggles and challenges we face each and every day, that positively affect Canadian women across the country.

Many women aren't lucky enough to live in an urban setting where there are mommas on every corner and opportunities to make face to face momma connections every day.  Thanks to Canadian Mom Bloggers, wisdom, support and friends are only a mouse click away and with that connection comes a sense of community, belonging and camaraderie that every momma needs to maintain a happy healthy lifestyle.

Mom blogging is about the collective us; the millions of women who are coming together to provide common ground, mutual respect and support to improve not only the quality of our own lives and health, but of all the women who come together via blogging to read, tweet and interact on a regular basis.  Mom blogs intrinsically have a positive effect on the health of Canadians via the establishment of a much needed, adhoc support system that could otherwise never exist.



This post was written for entry to the Ddrops contest to win tickets to Blissdom Canada 2011. 

Follow the Momma Stuff Blog on Twitter or Facebook and be sure to check out @BabyDdrops on Twitter #Ddropsbliss and Facebook.