Sunday, November 3, 2013

Finding Our BETTER Than Good Enough

Back in August, after a  particularly difficult couple of weeks I asked When is Good-ish Not Good Enough? And the ever amazing Julie Nowell told me "Good-ish is never good enough sweetie" and in  my heart, I knew she was right.

That simple statement and her related post made me realize that staying stagnant and doing what we're doing, simply because we always have, is far from the only option. It may take time, effort, tears and a little will-power but we can change our lives.

This was a turning point for me, particularly because just as this revelation was becoming clear, a life changing opportunity was in the midst of landing squarely in my lap.

If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, then you already know the news; we are moving to Kamloops.

I have accepted a job (still in the Environmental field, something I can feel passionate and good about) that is going to afford us the opportunity to buy a large house with property and allow my husband to be home with with the boys. I will work four, ten hour days, and although those days will be long, it also means a 3 day week with my family, every week.

My boys will have space to play and roam, my husband won't have the stress of working the 9-5 grind (though time will tell how he will cope with the stress of little boys all day) and we will have the opportunity to grow together as a family.

We are going to miss our friends and family in Vancouver like crazy and it feels like a huge risk to leave both our permanent jobs behind (for a two year contract), but when life presents you with an opportunity to change everything, and you're living in the hurricane of chaos, sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet and hold on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?