Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hallmark Press Pause Panel

I don't think it matters who you talk to, we all wish there was more time in the day; more time for friends, for family, for ourselves.  As a society we are so focused on meeting goals and moving forward that our lives sometimes seem to be slipping through our fingers like grains of sand.

Hallmark Canada has initiated the 'Press Pause Panel' to remind us all that 'Life is a Special Occasion' and sometimes we just need to pause all those other aspects of our to just enjoy the moment.

As a member of the Press Pause Panel I received a number of great items to try out in my home, all designed to help us savour the moment.  Here are a few of my favourites.


The Totally Ticklish Duck was a huge hit in our house; not only is he super cute and soft but after pushing the button on his foot, physically tickling the duck under his wings causes the duck to burst into adorable bouts of laughter.  Which of course resulted in toddler laughter in my house; is there any sound sweeter?
 
I must admit that I love books, so when I tested out Watson the Raccoon, I was more than a little bit enthused.  Once activated, Watson becomes an interactive part of storytime.  As you read the book, Watson responds to specific phrases in the story and blurts out fun statements that enhance the experience for your child.  I love that in addition to 'Watson and the case of the Sneaky Stealer' which comes free with the purchase of Watson, there are two more books that can be purchased to read with Watson and the boy.

Finally, although the boy is a bit young yet, I can't wait until he's ready to share in the Mom and Me Recordable Book; each page has an open ended question or two to facilitate discussion with your child, all of which can be recorded with the press of a button.  How amazing to record not only their favourite experiences, but also their voice, inflection and expressions all within a well constructed keepsake book.  With Mother's day just around the corner, this is a perfect gift to treasure for the long term.  In addition to Mom and Me books, there are also recordable books for grandparents and Dad's.

As a Hallmark Press Pause Panel member, products were recieved for the purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.