Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

It's hard to believe that 2010 has come and gone and 2011 is already upon us.

In 2010 I learned so much about being a mother; most importantly I learned about the balance of family, self and work.  I have far from mastered that balance, but I find myself increasingly aware of the importance this balance has on my sanity.  The Momma Stuff Blog started in February of 2010 and we started off small, in fact we're still small, but it doesn't matter.  I love that people read and I love that people comment but most of all I love having a creative outlet and a place to call 'my own'.

In the spirit of reflection, here are some of my favourite Momma Stuff Blog posts of 2010:
As far as resolutions go, I'm not a fan of making promises that I can't keep, including promises to myself.

So this year, I promise myself that despite the challenges and changes that are coming my way, I will keep blogging and I will work to ensure that I'm not simply regurgitating the events that are occurring, but rather sharing my experiences and emotions.  The Momma Stuff Blog cannot be a true creative outlet, if I don't allow my creative juices to flow.  I know it will be hard, but since starting this blog, I've worked to maintain a minimum of one post a week; with a toddler on board and a new baby arriving in May, I won't promise more than that, but I promise myself that I will stick to a minimum of one post a week.

What's your promise to youself for 2011?

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to finding more of that balance myself this year! Sleeping more and spending some more time just for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?