Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday Dear Amber,
Happy Birthday to me.

I turned 29 this week and was totally spoiled.  The hubs and family got me the Nikon D3000 DSLR camera that I have been eyeing for months.  My Mom and sister brought over store-made gluten-free pizza on my actual birthday and today we're having a BBQ so that the entire family (and hopefully a few friends) can drop by to celebrate. 

We're having a meat smorgasboard, ribs, souvlaki pork chops, lamb chops and tandori chicken, complimented by corn on the cob, gluten-free pasta salad, homemade potato salad, veggies and dip, layer dip with taco chips and gluten-free angel food cake.  It's taking all my will-power not to eat the cake, it smells so good, and feels just like real angel food cake.  Unfortunately, I forgot to buy cool whip for the cake yesterday, so I'll be off to the store again in just a few moments.

Until then, my new favourite photo of the hubs and the boy; kisses after a nap.


hubs and the boy

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're having a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a great celebration.

    I love the picture! Waking up from naptime is one of my favorite moments of the day. My little boy is SO sweet during that moment when you walk in the room to get him.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! :D Sounds like you had a great birthday. The picture is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?