Friday, April 9, 2010

2010 Ultimate Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2010


When I first started seeing this Ultimate Blog Party 2010, I didn't totally get it, but now that its happening I want in on the fun.  I enjoy a good party, though in truth I'm not so great at throwing them.  But there is one part of having people over that I absolutley love; the baking.  I love that I get guilt-free time to bake and to cook and to create something that people will truly enjoy.

The Momma Stuff Blog Party will be gluten-free, since that's my dietary restriction!  Although I can tolerate milk to some degree, the boy can't, so that means we're also going to have some dairy-free treats as well.

I absolutely love Erin McKenna's, of BabyCakes Bakery, Allergen-Free Brownies.  They are cakelike, but when you use the mini chocolate chips and they just scatter throughout the brownie, they are just heavenly!  Not to mention bite-sized and perfect for little hands.  You don't taste the coffee in the batter at all, I always use decaf.


Did you know that you can whip coconut cream up, for a dairy-free alternative?  Buy yourself a can coconut cream with the highest fat content you can find.  That means your going to have more of the "cream" and less of the "water".  You want these two to be well seperated, so let the can to sit for a few hours if you just brought it home from the store.

Coconut Whipped Cream:
  1. Open 1 can of high fat coconut cream.
  2. Pour the "coconut water" out and scoop the cream into your mixer.
  3. Mix the cream until it starts to whip up.
  4. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional) and 2 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
  5. Continue mixing until the whip cream has peaks.  
The whipped cream with thicken up when in the fridge, this would be amazing as the layers of a cake.

And since we can't have only sweet treats at our party, here's a super easy appy that only takes moments to prepare.  Someone brought it to my baby shower, I made it at the boy's birthday party and I know I'll be making it many more times.

Shrimp & Cucumber Appy:
  1. Wash cucumber and slice into rounds.
  2. Spread herb and garlic cream cheese on each piece.
  3. Place 2-3 small shrimp (the ones you would use for shrimp salad) on top of each round.
  4. Serve & Enjoy.
I almost forgot, I'd love to win:
  • INTL 8 - Mary Hess Designs
  • INTL 5 - Whimsical Websites
  • INTL 11 - Simply Fabulous

    14 comments:

    1. hi, i love babycakes as well. when are they coming to the midwest??

      just stopping by from UBP.
      www.littlecitizensoftheworld.blogspot.com
      www.melondot.etsy.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Found you over at the UBP! So much fun meeting new people, isn't it?

      Nice to meet you! I'm a new follower. You have an adorable blog!

      Come check out our fun when you get a second.

      http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/04/meet-1000s-of-other-addicted-bloggers.html

      If you like what you see, don't forget to:

      1.) follow me
      2.) subscribe
      3.) put me in your blog roll so you don't lose me in cyberspace

      Hugs, Traci

      ReplyDelete
    3. Stopping by from the party! What a fun place you have!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm currently gluten, dairy, soy, egg and nut free. Doesn't that sound like fun? ;) Stopping by from UBP!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Stopping by from the UBP to say Hi. So nice to meet you.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi there! Nice to meet you! I love all your fantastic food tips! I'm a vegetarian and eat organic. I'll be sure to track your blog.

      I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
      Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

      Have a beautiful day
      Rebecca

      ReplyDelete
    7. Karen & InspiredGifts - thanks for stopping by!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Happy UPB! Glad you joined in! :) You are such a sweetie!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Happy UBP! Thanks for stopping by - I absolutely love your blog & will be back to learn more!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Stopping by from UBP. Love your blog, there's so much information. I wish I'd known some of these things when I was a new mom (10 years ago). I just kind of went with the flow. The store bought diapers always made me feel sooo guilty but I was always too tired to do anything about it. I love the idea of the Happy Nappy cloth diaper service. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Ok, the coconut whipped cream must happen in my house! Glad to meet you. Mama of two little men. Hope we'll get acquainted! :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Love the colors on your blog..

      Since I did not get to all the blogs during the blog party dates, I am going to keep going for a few days...I have found so many great blogs....wish I had time to read lots of posts on every blog and plan to come back to many. I am not going to have the prizes on mine sorted out until tomorrow, so anyone that leaves a comment Sat or Sun will go into a special drawing for SUPRISE GIFT. Hope you will stop by...
      http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
      http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    13. Thank you all for stopping by!!
      Amber :)

      ReplyDelete

    What do you think?